Director Of Business Development
About the job
The Director of Business Development will lead the strategic direction and the resulting development, and execution of all AgwaFarm business efforts, including internal and external endeavors to identify, prioritize and realize new business opportunities.
The candidate requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills. We are looking for a team player that is adept at working with motivated, self-directed, fast-paced highly collaborative cross-functional teams.
• Actively prospect for new business opportunities, create and maintain a pipeline of high-value product/business developments.
• Lead the creation of all phases of the business case (market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic impact, and launch) to support organizational growth.
• Establish relationships and explore potential collaborations with relevant industry partners.
• Establish and maintain contact with all current and potential stakeholders through focused visits and discussions with AgwaFarm partners.
• Cultivate strong, long term relationships with AgwaFarm stakeholders and develop in-depth knowledge of their organization and needs
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams (product management, R&D, etc.) in the development of proposals for new product/business directions. Work closely with internal teams to define and deliver innovative, efficient, and cost-effective solutions to drive growth and profitability.
• Establish and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, anticipate the evolution of the market, and explore potential new markets.
• Support other projects as assigned by Leadership.
• Bachelor’s BA/BS Degree in Business or Marketing. MBA is an advantage.
• At least 7 years of SaaS business development experience
• Previous experience in a similar position in companies in the field of agriculture, environment, or sustainability – an advantage.
• Strong strategic aptitude and business acumen
• Understands complex SAAS Technology platform (multidisciplinary products – HW & SW)
• Solid experience in creating, implementing, and managing multiple projects.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills to present to various stakeholders.
• Proven ability to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner, both in written and verbal form
• Passion for networking and updating oneself with the latest market trends and relate it to identifying business opportunities.
• Self-motivated and directed, detail-oriented, and demonstrated ability to thrive and contribute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Disciplined, high performer who acts with authority, vision, and is accountable for results.
• Reliable, passionate, energetic, and ethical
• Organized, efficient, and capable of multitasking.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Able to travel up to 30% of the time.
• Has the desire, ambition, and character to be promoted to a VP level.